British Standard 5306-3:2000 covers the maintenance of portable fire extinguishers, and recommends that "regular visual inspections of all portable fire extinguishers be carried out by the user or users representative."
RIS Consultants’ technicians are all registered under BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) to install and undertake annual inspections and servicing of portable fire extinguishers. Once your fire extinguishers are installed they must have an inspection / service by a competent person 12 months after installation and then at 12 monthly intervals thereafter.
All extinguishers we supply fully conform to the appropriate British Standards and come with a minimum 12 months manufactures guarantee.
Call 0800 978 8659 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org for your free consultation.
- Is located in the designated place.
- Is unobstructed, visible and its operating instructions face outwards.
- Has operating instructions which are clean and legible.
- Is not obviously damaged.
- Has a reading in the operable range or position of any pressure gauge or indicator fitted.
- Has seals and tamper indicators which are not broken or missing.
RIS Inspection services can provide a full managed service for all your fire inspection activities which includes:
- Sell, install and input purchased fire waning / fire fighting equipment assets on to your online asset database (FiledID) in your company account.
- Allocate fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, emergency lighting etc to a business premisses and location within that premises.
- Schedule and monitor your fire detection, warning and fire extinguisher inspections, ensuring all remain in date and working effectively.
- Arrange and undertake inspection and servicing of fire detection, warning and fire extinguisher equipment.
- Put servicing / inspection activity records on to your online secure data storage company account so are immediately available.
- 24/7 access to your online company account.