LOLER Engineering Inspection Service
Thorough examination of lifting equipment and accessories is a legal requirements under the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
Undertaking LOLER testing is an essential component for your organisation’s safety compliance program and the safety of your staff and others. RIS Consultants will ensure your LOLER thorough examination(s) of lifting equipment/accessories happen efficiently, on schedule and with minimal disruption to your business.
All LOLER engineering inspection / thorough examinations will be undertaken in accordance with the LOLER regulations by fully trained and competent examiners.
Call 0800 978 8659 or email on email@example.com for your free consultation.
Definition of Lifting Equipment under LOLER
A device or mechanism, such as a crane, winch, pulley block, gin wheel, chain block, which does the work in lifting or lowering the load or provides means of a movement, or the supporting structure and anchoring devices for such a mechanism, e.g. runway, gantry etc, which may also permit a suspended load to be moved in the horizontal direction.
Definition of Lifting Accessory under LOLER
Any device such as a sling, shackle, eyebolt, clamp, spreader beam etc. used to connect the load to a lifting appliance but which does not itself form part of the load or the appliance.
Frequency of Lifting Equipment and Lifting Accessories Examinations
|Lifting Equipment (cranes, hoists, etc.) not lifting or suspending a person||Every 12 months|
|Lifting Equipment (cranes, hoists, etc.) lifting or suspending a person:||Every 6 months|
|Lifting Accessories (slings, shackles, eye bolt, chain sling etc||Every 6 months|
RIS Consultants provide a full engineering inspection service, which includes:
- Sell (where requested by the client) and input your lifting equipment and accessories on to RIS asset database (FieldID) in your company account enabling you to view all lifting equipment / accessories, when last examined, result of examination and when next due to be examined;
- Allocating lifting accessories to either an individual or location;
- Monitoring, scheduling, arranging and undertaking your lifting gear thorough examinations, ensuring no lifting gear goes out of date;
- Put thorough examination reports of lifting equipment/accessories on to your online secure company account so they are immediately available to you;
- 24/7 access to your online company account and advice, support and guidance from RIS Consultants Technical Manager.
“"RIS are a great consultancy to work with! There technical knowledge, experience, "can-do" attitude and friendly inter-personal skills are second to none. I would not hesitate to recommend them to any organisation."”
Jan Mirkowski , Health & Safety Manager , Ericsson Limited, Assistant